Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A World Full of Senses!!

Greetings Everyone,

I apologize for not posting sooner.  The days just fly by in Pre-K!  This week we focused on naming our 5 senses and talking about what each one does.  We made scratch & sniff books with jell-o!  I'm sure your child will share it with you, as many were very excited about it!  This week we also talked about the letter "Yy" and the sound it makes.  

I continue to test the children on colors, shapes, their first and last names, and their ages, as well as other skills.  I will discuss these results with you at Parent/Teacher Conferences in October.  

Next week we will talk about Fire Safety and the letter "Ff."  We will have special visitors from the fire station on Monday and Tuesday who will talk about the fire truck and about how a firefighter would look if they had to go into a house to rescue people. 

As promised (and I know I'm tremendously late) I am posting pictures.  Please look at the tabs on the top of the page.  One will be labeled Monday/Wednesday Pictures and the other Tuesday/Thursday Pictures.  I try to get a good amount of pictures from both groups, but sometimes I forget.  :(  

Let's hope for sunny weather next week!  :) 

We were able to take a nature walk with our Tuesday/Thursday friends since the weather was cooperative on Thursday!  They loved the walk and used many of their senses while on the trail!  I'm hoping to get out in the path with our Monday/Wednesday friends before the snow flies!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment